Virtually every field requires the services of Artificial Intelligence experts. Because this field requires a lot of hands-on experience, we have provided the best machine learning internships opportunities in 2024. They will ground you in practical experience which this field demands.
In addition, we have also provided a list of the top countries to study and intern for your machine learning career.
Meanwhile, take a look at the table of content to see all that we will discuss.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine learning (ML) is the study of computer algorithms. It is a part of artificial intelligence.
It uses data to make predictions or decisions. ML is used in a variety of applications, such as email filtering and computer vision, where it is difficult to develop conventional algorithms to perform the needed tasks.
In simple terms, machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence that provides systems to self-learning from data and then applies that learning without the need for human intervention.
Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it to learn for themselves.
What will I study to qualify for a Machine Learning Internship?
For you to qualify for an internship in machine learning, you must study either of the following courses: Computer science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related program.
You must either be a current bachelor’s, masters or a Ph.D. student or holder.
A current master’s degree student is preferred by many companies.
Skills needed for a Machine Learning Internships?
Most of the employers prefer candidates applying for machine learning internships who have the following skills:
- Probability and statistics
- Applied maths and Algorithms
- Software design
- Advanced signal processing Techniques
- Proactive learning
- Critical and creative thinking
Read: 10 Marketable Courses in The World
Which Countries are best to get Machine Learning Internships Opportunities?
Every field of study and career path has the best places to study them. These countries have distinguished themselves in the said field through research and innovation. Likewise, in the field of Artificial Intelligence is Machine Learning.
As you will see below, these countries have carried out researches and built innovative companies around the subject of machine learning. Therefore, they are the best places for internship opportunities in machine learning.
The following Countries have the Greatest Opportunities for AI and Machine Learning Professionals.
- 1. United States. When it comes to AI and machine learning, the USA is far the best country with the highest salary.
- 2. Europe
- 3. China
- 4. Canada
- 5. India.
What are the best Machine Learning Internships Opportunities for 2024?
This explains the 15 best Machine Learning Internships Opportunities in 2024.
#1. AutoPilot – Deep Learning Internship by Tesla
An Intern with the Autopilot AI team you will research, design, implement, optimize and use deep learning models to advance the perception and control of autonomous driving.
Typical daily tasks and activities of this machine learning internship involve reading deep learning papers, implementing described models and algorithms, adapting them to the Tesla setting, and driving up internal metrics.
He will also develop algorithms in the following fields: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection, tracking, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Having a strong software engineering practice knowledge who knows Python programming, debugging/profiling, and version control.
- Be comfortable in cluster environments and understands the related computer systems concepts (CPU/GPU interactions/transfers, latency/throughput bottlenecks during the training of neural networks, CUDA, pipelining/multiprocessing.
- Have a strong understanding of the under-the-hood fundamentals of deep learning (layer details, backpropagation.
- Experience with PyTorch or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools, including Python scripting, NumPy, scipy, matplotlib, sci-kit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
#2 Machine Learning / AI Internship at Apple
For this machine learning internship position, Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher.
It has a particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), Natural Language Processing (NLP), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL).
Successful candidates will work on some of the most ambitious technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products.
In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research and speaking at conferences and events. Therefore good publishing and presenting skill is required.
The candidates to apply for this machine learning internships opportunities must have the knowledge or an interest in the following technicalities:
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL) and statistical machine learning (ML)
- Expertise in one or more of CV, NLP, optimization, RL, time series, generative models, signals, pattern recognition fields, and/or computer graphics fields
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, C/C++, CUDA, or other GPGPU is a plus
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks
- Work well in a fast-paced environment, execute assigned tasks on deadlines, at the same time explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies with the highest quality standards, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy.
Lastly, applicants will either be pursuing a Ph.D., Masters or Bachelors degree in Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related areas.
#3 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Internships at The Motley Fool
The Motley Fool is a multimedia financial services company that provides financial solutions for investors through stock, investing, and personal finance services.
For eight weeks an ML/AI Intern will learn and work with Machine Learning. He will gain hands-on experience working with large datasets, developing AI-powered solutions, and hone his modeling skills. Additionally, he will gain exposure to the entire UX Design process – from the initial research to design, design testing, as well as hand-off to development.
The Motley Fool requires the candidate to have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential opportunities, and recommend solutions.
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
- Proficiency with Python and/or R and basic libraries for machine learning (e.g. PANDAS and Scikit-Learn)
- Ability to choose between modeling techniques based on an understanding that goes deeper than just going with the highest scores
- An awareness of the best practices for training models and tuning hyperparameters.
#4 Machine Learning Intern at Arm
The intern for AI/ML will: analyze complex and advanced NN, conduct exploration to develop optimized models and develop algorithms including deployment and network optimization to enable running of industry NN on ARM IP.
The candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Be pursuing a Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Be comfortable working with large software systems in programming languages like Python
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art deep learning libraries such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- ML Model Optimization techniques targeted for resource-constrained ARM edge computing devices.
#5 Machine Learning Internship at Cleveland Clinic
The job responsibilities of these machine learning internships are:
- Research, compile, tabulate, and analyze data and processes for administrative and departmental matters.
- Assists department personnel in assigned administrative, planning, organizational, technical, and professional tasks.
- Provide suggestions or recommendations with regard to department-specific projects.
- Prepares and presents reports; drafts policies and procedures; responds to requests for information.
This looks very easy to accomplish, right? Because the educational background is just a current college enrollment with no certification or work experience. However, take a look at the preferred education and skillset.
- Full Stack
- Django .Net (Dot Net)
- Data Analysis
- MS SQL Server
- Data Visualization
- Database Management
- JQuery Automation
- Seeking candidates who are pursuing degrees in Computer Science.
#6 Machine Learning Internship at PathAI
PathAI is a company that develops solutions in pathology that are modernizing healthcare, including detecting cancer and other diseases.
A typical Machine learning engineer will perform tasks relating to:
- Understanding PathAI’s products and services and introducing technology innovations with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining the machine learning infrastructure that powers PathAI
- Performing research and development of machine learning algorithms to expand product capabilities
- Participating in building new experiences, improve existing products, ensure quality assurance test designs, and contributing to test systems architecture discussions
To be successful in this role with us, you’ll need:
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
- A Bachelors’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, preferably with a focus on artificial intelligence, machine learning, or computer vision. Master’s students are preferred.
- At least one+ years of relevant work experience
- Artificial intelligence software development experience using Python
- Ability to design and develop robust, scalable cloud-based solutions
Some of the advantages of this machine learning internship is that it has flexible work hours, 2 mentors will be assigned to interns, free lunch twice weekly amongst others.
#7 Machine Learning Research Internship at Vimeo
This Vimeo machine learning and research internship is a paid one. Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform that provides tools to host, edit and share videos in the highest quality possible.
This internship will help you adapt to real-world machine learning problems, understand opportunities and challenges, and acquire skills and insights to conduct large-scale machine learning research projects.
The typical job description is:
- Perform machine learning research utilizing datasets available on Vimeo’s platform.
- Conduct a full cycle of research from problem definition, to data preprocessing, investigating and optimizing potential solutions, in order to deliver models aimed at deployment.
Since this is a paid internship, only applicants with the following skills should apply:
- Students pursuing an M.S./Ph.D with a focus on machine learning, computer science, statistics, or related areas, that will graduate in 2024 or 2024.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with strong programming skills and experience in Python, R, or Matlab. Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch.
- Knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Ability to independently perform research as well as collaborate with other researchers and engineers.
This article will be helpful: Top 10 careers in technology that are Marketable in 2024
#8 AI/Machine Learning at TradeStation
This is a 10 weeks internship that can be extended or converted to full-time employment. It can be a 100% remote work with constant online audio and videoconferencing.
Read: What Is Synchronous And Asynchronous Learning In Online
An intern will work with the business service department, so his roles will combine business development with machine learning.
Basically, he will perform these tasks among others.
- Understand business and product management and help design/define the solutions
- Define the future state data and mathematical model for ML compatibility
- Explore and develop Natural Language Understanding capabilities to extract sentiment and insights from free format text, audio and videos sources
- Assist in setting up cloud Kubernetes clusters for ML models, both functionally and technically.
- Implement basic Product Administration functionality
- Design custom ML Sentiment Engine and design transfer learning features using third party sentiment dictionaries
- Assist with functional testing of features developed/configured by the technology team
- Efficiently debug complex issues and add new features to the system without interruption to the existing functionality
- Be an avid troubleshooter, very detail-oriented, and able to maintain business-level objectives while simultaneously focusing on managing the details of development tasks
- Assist in devising/documenting procedures for installation and maintenance.
The skills and experience are:
- Final year of a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Electronics
- Knowledge of and expertise with mathematical models for machine learning
- Understanding of Agile SDLC, Change Management
#9 Radar Signal Processing and AI/Machine Learning Engineering Internship at NXP Semiconductors
These machine learning internships opportunities are for applicants fluent in Matlab, C/C++, Python, etc. They must be enrolled in or entering a Master’s or Ph.D. degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
In summary, this is your job role:
- Closely working with senior engineers to develop new automotive radar technologies for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and autonomous vehicles.
- Opportunity to apply advanced signal processing, machine learning, and neural network knowledge to solving real-world radar/lidar problems.
- Participating in the development of exciting new imaging radar perception technologies.
#10 NLP and Machine Learning Intern at Baidu USA
Baidu Research Silicon Valley AI Lab (SVAIL) is actively seeking a research intern with strong background in machine learning and NLP.
SVAIL is interested in opening black-box models learned on sequential data, and improving them for applications far beyond standard benchmarks.
The intern will basically work with researchers to identify valuable research topics, implement research ideas, and publish the results.
An ideal candidate is a senior Ph.D. student in machine learning, NLP, and other relevant fields, with a track record of publication.
#11 Summer Internship: Machine Learning Operations at Spectrum
This machine learning internship will begin from June 2024 to August 2024. It is a 10-week internship for students who have a 3.0 GPA in any of the degrees Cloud Engineering, Development, Information Technology, Research and Development, Software Engineering, and Systems Engineering.
It is a paid internship where salaries depend on geography, experience, and education. Negotiations begin at $18.50.
#12 Artificial Intelligence Internship at AVEVA
This is a 3-months internship but has the potential to be extended for US-based applicants.
Activities of the intern will include working with stakeholders to understand and refine requirements, get access to data, and provide feedback on prototype solutions.
They require candidates who has experience in the fields:
- Statistics and/or linear algebra
- Machine learning concepts (training, cleaning, data bias, class imbalance, etc.)
- Computer vision concepts (CNN, filters, object detection, etc.)
- Data visualization
- Automated testing and evaluation
- Python / Jupyter Notebooks
- Common ML packages (sci-kit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Common image processing packages (opencv2, etc..)
#13 Technology Intern at First National Bank of Omaha
This is a role for interns who are current university students or recent graduates of Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. They must be willing to start the internship by May 2024. Knowledge of computer programming is also required.
His roles at the internship will focus on these areas:
- IT Modernization
- Robotic Process Automation
- Test Automation
- Application Rationalization
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data, and Machine Learning
- Automation Engineering
#14 Deep Learning Software Engineering Intern at Intel
The minimum qualification for this machine learning internship is a current master or PhD student in
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 6+ months of experience in the areas of :
- Computer architecture
- Knowledge in the areas listed below are preferred:
- Performance engineering
- Leading machine learning frameworks – TensorFlow, PyTorch, ONNX Runtime
- Accelerator/XPU computing such as GPGPU/VPU
#15 IT – Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning at Volvo Group
This machine learning internship emphasizes entrepreneurial attitude, creative, out-of-the-box thinking, team collaboration as well as an agile approach.
The intern will research a problem and develop solutions using technologies. At the end of the summer, he will present the solution prototype.
The applicant must be a student of Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related program who has completed 30 semester hours before the internship with a 3.0 CGPA.
He will work for up to 40 hours per week.
Machine learning is no longer the future but it has become the reality of Artificial Intelligence.
Therefore, take up an internship in machine learning if you are studying a related course.
There are both paid and unpaid internships but the important factor to consider when choosing the best machine learning internships opportunities isn’t money. You should consider the credibility of the company offering such internships and the time frame.
In light of this, here are the best internship opportunities in machine learning for 2024.
#Machine #Learning #Internships #Opportunities