Applications are open to BritishSpanish Society scholarships funded by the BritishSpanish Society. The scholarship may be awarded to applicants who live in the United Kingdom or Spain or wish to study at universities in the UK.
Since 2008, the foundation has supported knowledge and culture by providing scholarships to more than 100 ground-breaking postgraduate studies by British and Spanish students, with the help of its membership and in collaboration with its primary supporters.
The company aims to support a course or research project that would not be possible without this additional funding.
What You Need to Know About British Spanish Society Scholarships in the UK 2024
The British-Spanish Society is a registered charity whose object is to promote friendship and understanding between the people of Britain and Spain through knowledge of each other’s customs, institutions, history, and way of life. Membership is open to anyone interested in Spain and its culture.
The Society originated in 1916 as the Anglo-Spanish League of Friendship, founded by British academics, students, and business people during the First World War.
It was a means of reaching out in social, cultural, and trade friendships with their Spanish counterparts when Spain’s official neutrality seemed to be edging closer toward Germany. Subsequently known as the Anglo-Spanish Society, its members continued to promote these objectives after that particular war ended.
Level/Field of Study
British-Spanish Society scholarships are open for the postgraduate degree program. The scholarship will be awarded in all subjects.
The BSS is funding research in various disciplines, including biology, engineering, physics, linguistics, literature, urban planning, marine archaeology, and music.
If you are not qualified for this scholarship due to your level, you can check out our Masters’s and Ph.D. scholarships.
British-Spanish Society Scholarships 2024 is hosted by The BritishSpanish Society and can be taken in the UK.
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academic problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2024 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
These British Spanish Society scholarships are open to applicants who live in the United Kingdom or Spain or wish to study at universities. Read also if you want to look outside your home country — Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying for and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from British Spanish Society scholarships, other scholarships are available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
British-Spanish Society Scholarships Worth
British-Spanish Society scholarships program offers students an opportunity to win £ 5,000 each.
Number of Scholarships
There are six British-Spanish Society scholarships available this 2024.
Eligibility for the British Spanish Society scholarships program
To qualify for British Spanish Society scholarships in UK 2024, applicants must meet all of the above criteria:
- Open to residents of the following countries: Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be UK or Spanish nationals completing or completing postgraduate studies and have a reference with bilateral relations and relations between the UK and Spain in any area of academic interest.
- The applicant may still be an undergraduate or postgraduate in their senior year, for example, to extend existing qualifications or to continue research that has already begun.
- Applicants should have been accepted unconditionally at the university of their choice and have confirmed this in writing (a scanned copy of your acceptance letter is sufficient).
- The references must go in official stationery with the referee’s date, stamp, and signature. We will accept the latest letters less than a year before the application deadline (a scanned copy of your letter of recommendation is sufficient). Email references will also make do if they are sent from the official email account of the academic sponsor. Applicants who do not provide references in the correct format could be excluded from the competition.
- All applicants must complete the section on ethical behavior at the end of this application form.
How do I Apply for British Spanish Society Scholarships in 2024
In examining applications, the Council will consider whether they are in line with the objectives of the Society, a non-political organization whose aim is to foster friendship and understanding between the peoples of the United Kingdom and Spain by knowing each other’s customs, institutions, history, and way of life.
Valid application packages must contain the following:
- A completed application form (below)
- A scanned copy of your passport or identity card
- A scanned copy of the letter of admission from your university
- Letter of reference from an academic sponsor
Application: To apply for the scholarship, January 15th, an online application via the link provided:
British-Spanish SocietApril 30rships 2024 Application Deadline
The British-Spanish Society scholarships 2024 application deadline closed on the 15th of January 2024.
The BritishSpanish Society Scholarship Awards 2024 – Application & Terms
Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2024 through email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Society’s Grant’s Secretary.
BritishSpanish Society Scholarship Documents
The following eight distinct documents are required for valid application packs:
- A scanned copy of your academic institution’s letter of acceptance
- Reference letter from an academic sponsor
- Form A – Personal information
- Form B – Introduction
- Form C – Candidate’s profile
- Form D – Project
- Form E – Centre
- Form F – Ethical code
The written materials ought to be in English. If necessary, each document may have one or more pages.
If it is provided directly from the academic sponsor to the Society’s Grant Secretary before the deadline, Document 2 (the reference letter from an academic sponsor) may be submitted independently.
BritishSpanish Society Scholarship Qualification
The following conditions must be met to qualify for BritishSpanish Society Scholarship applications:
1. Candidates must be United Kingdom or Spain citizens enrolled in or planning to enroll in masters or doctorate programs at a postgraduate level in either country.
2. Any academic link between the United Kingdom and Spain should be mentioned in the research in some way.
3. Candidates should be undergraduates in their final year of study, graduates with bachelor’s or advanced degrees, or post-baccalaureate students intending to perform additional degree-level research in their fields of study at the time of application. We apologize that we cannot accept applications for fellowship or postdoctoral research positions (postdocs).
4. Applicants must have received written confirmation that they have been unconditionally accepted for their postgraduate degrees at the university of their choice (a scanned copy of the acceptance letter or proof of enrolment will suffice).
Applicants must present acceptance letters from both schools if they are currently enrolled at one university while planning a visiting research stay at another.
5. Referrals must be submitted on letterhead that is officially stamped, dated, and signed by the sponsor. We will accept recent letters written no more than a year from the application deadline (a scanned copy of your reference letter will suffice).
As long as they were submitted from the academic sponsor’s official email account, email references will be recognized equally. Applicants could be excluded from screening if they don’t offer references properly.
6. Those who make the shortlist must provide a scanned copy of their British or Spanish passport or identity card. On Form A, each candidate must enter the number from their British or Spanish passport or identity card. You must provide this to confirm that you meet our eligibility requirements.
7. Applicants should email their application and any necessary materials. If the academic sponsor submits references directly by the Scholarships policy (see point 5), references may be sent separately. The email subject must be “BSS Scholarships Application pack,” followed by the applicant’s complete name.
Also, the application must be submitted to email@example.com. The following distinct papers, with the following titles and number codes, must be included in the application email:
- 1. Letter of acceptance / Confirmation of enrolment
- 2. Reference/s
- 3. Form A – Personal information
- 4. Form B – Introduction
- 5. Form C – Candidate profile
- 6. Form D – Project
- 7. Form E – Centre
- 8. Form F – Ethical code
There could be one or more pages in each document. Before the deadline, candidates may submit revisions by submitting a new application email that includes all application materials. All prior submissions will be canceled with the final valid application email.
Scholarship Rules and Regulation
8. Following daOctober 26ion law and to provide a fair review, documents 5, 6, and 7 containing information about the candidate’s profile, project, and center may not include the candidate’s name, contact information, or photos.
9. All applicants must complete the “ethical code of conduct” part at the end of this application form.
10. The Society’s objective is to support a study or research endeavor that would not be viable without extra funding. The BSS Scholarship Grants are compatible with other scholarships or funding plans as far as the BSS is concerned. Applications from professionals currently employed and receiving a salary to work on their projects will not be considered.
12. Those accepted are expected to join the BritishSpanish Society and support the charity for at least a year. Before the awards presentation, membership must be current. There is a nominal cost, with students receiving a 50% discount.
13. The BritishSpanish Society website lists the sponsors and benefactors who kindly support our program. The selection procedure will involve their representatives.
14. Funds can be used for research supplies, travel, tuition, and, in some cases, lodging. Each grant will have a maximum value of £6,000.
15. Applicants consent to the publication of the project synopsis and the highlights of the candidate profile (application document 4. Form B-Introduction) if they are selected for funding and in other institutional and promotional materials. Also, the award acceptance speech given during the Awards Ceremony may be completely or partially reprinted in any institutional or promotional materials the Charity uses.
16. Within nine months of receiving their scholarship, the chosen applicants must write a brief article about their study and experiences for publishing on the charity’s website, in the magazine La Revista, or other official materials.
17. The publications’ references to the funded research or project should state that [name of the Principal Supporter] and the BritishSpanish Society Scholarship made it possible. Successful candidates must send notice of publications about the financed project to the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Selected master’s degree projects should recognize the British-Spanish Society Award and the Principal Supporter in their final theses.
19. The BritishSpanish Society should be notified at email@example.com if the awardee makes media appearances or contributions to the financed research or project.
20. The charity cannot offer input due to the overwhelming quantity of projects it has received. There will be no comments made.
21. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2024. Please be aware that after April 30, 2024, no applications or additional papers will be accepted. In the autumn of 2024, there will be an awards ceremony at the Spanish Embassy in London, where scholarships will be given.
22. With the proper notice, the BritishSpanish Society will email the selected candidates. Within five working days of the first notification email, if the Charity has not heard from the nominee regarding the acceptance of the award and participation at the Ceremony, the Charity will use alternative channels to contact them.
The candidate risks being eliminated if contact cannot be made within five working days. Awardees will receive information about the Awards Ceremony later and appropriately.
23. Evaluation criteria:
Form B – Introduction will be only evaluated among shortlisted candidates.
Form C – Candidate Profile (max. 20 points)
- Education (max. 10 points)
- Professional experience (max. 10 points)
Form D – Project (max. 70 points)
- Clarity of exposition (max. 10 points)
- Methodology (max. 10 points)
- Impact (max. 30 points)
- British – Spanish link (max. 20 points)
Form E – Centre (max. 10 points)
Please be aware that only complete applications received in the proper format and received in time for these scholarship prizes will be considered.
The relevance of candidates’ applications to our Principal Sponsors’ work may be considered when evaluating the strength of applications for the BritishSpanish Society scholarships and whether they are consistent with the Society’s objectives.
Applicants are encouraged to mention if they feel their application is particularly well suited to the interests of a particular Supporter and may want to think about how to present their applications concerning the websites of our Supports.
On their websites, you may find project descriptions and profile highlights of previously awarded candidates.
Download Application Documents Here 3-8 (FORMS A-F)
- Letter of acceptance / Confirmation of enrolment
- Form A – Personal information – PDF / MS Word
- Form B – Introduction – PDF / MS Word
- Form C – Candidate’s profile – PDF / MS Word
- Form D – Project – PDF / MS Word
- Form E – Centre – PDF / MS Word
- Form F – Ethical code – PDF / MS Word
Last Year’s Winners
On October 26, 2024, His Excellency the Spanish Ambassador Mr. José Pascual Marco Martnez, Honorary President of the BritishSpanish Society, graciously hosted the 15th BritishSpanish Society Scholarship Awards Ceremony.
Subjects covered by our 2024 winners included music, chemistry, and molecular ecophysiology, as well as the history of art, criminology and criminal law, civil engineering, contract law, and technology.
The application period for scholarships in 2024 is currently underway.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
#BritishSpanish #Society #Scholarships #Kiiky