Applications are currently accepted for the DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2024, eligible scholars who seek to secure this scholarship are encouraged to apply for the program.
Just take your time and go through this article, as you need every detail to participate in the DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships.
About the DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is inviting CARTA fellows from the Eastern Africa region to apply for Ph.D. scholarships. They generally grant funding for 3 years.
CARTA’s objective of producing a critical mass of high-quality graduates trained to address complex issues surrounding health and development in Africa, keep them in the region, and provide them with a vibrant intellectual environment and viable and challenging research and growth opportunities.
The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is a south-south partnership with a south-north collaboration jointly led by the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC), Kenya, and the University of Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa.
The long-term impacts of the DAAD-CARTA PhD scholarships are:
- strengthening teaching and research at higher education institutions in the Eastern Africa region
- solving development issues in the region and strengthening universities
- research institutes and research networks in Eastern Africa
- contributing to the establishment of regional networks between these institutions.
This is in line with CARTA’s aim of producing a critical mass of high-quality graduates trained to address complex issues surrounding health and development in Africa, keep them in the region, and provide them with a vibrant intellectual environment and viable and challenging research and growth opportunities.
Field/Level of Study
This is a DAAD Scholarship for Ph.D. students. The long-term impacts of the scholarships are: strengthening teaching and research at higher education institutions in Eastern Africa region, solving development issues in the region and strengthening universities, research institutes and research networks in Eastern Africa, and contributing to establishing regional networks between these institutions.
DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2024 is provided by DAAD and its activity must take place in the Eastern Africa region.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2024 is open to indigenous students from Eastern African countries.
Suppose you are a Ghanaian student with an ambition to achieve academic excellence, seeing finance as a limitation to achieving that dream. In that case, you ask, Where Can I see all Free Scholarship?
Worry no more! Because you have just come to the right place. We have some interesting, fully funded scholarships you can apply for.
Worth of DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships
The funding includes:
- Stipends covering the cost of living, including accommodation
- Fees including the cost of research and academic monitoring, tutorial and other support, university registration, and tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Optional research stay in German for up to six months
- Applicants must be CARTA fellows in the Eastern Africa region.
- Applications are only open to those in the very early stages of the Ph.D. program.
- They must show a strong commitment to research capacity building at their institutions and a potential for research leadership.
- The last degree of the applicant must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply for DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2024
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A 10-15 page Ph.D. proposal related to health and development with a detailed work plan
- Abstract of the proposal on one page
- A signed CV (please use Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified copies of all university degrees and transcripts
- Admission letter or an official letter assuring admission. The letter should include a fee structure
- The recommendation letter by the department head indicates that you are a staff member and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
The email should have on the subject line: Application for 2024 DAAD Scholarship.
CARTA will communicate to pre-selected candidates to log into the DAAD portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal, register, and submit an application.
Application Deadline For the DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships 2024
The deadline for this program has passed, but we encourage you to continue checking this site for updates on this program.
Interested applicants can get more information by clicking on the link below:
#DAADCARTA #PhD #Scholarships #Eastern #African #Scholars