An educational leadership specialist degree online is in great demand today. Although, getting a degree while working can be tasking, yet this degree advances your career and positions you for better pay.
This article will help you get a skill that will pay better and improve your learning community; hence this article solves the puzzle of getting an online degree in this speciality and gives you a detailed guide on how to get one, where to get it and career opportunities you can explore with this certification.
Why do I need an Educational Specialist Degree?
Different concerns arise every day in education, one of which is guiding the talents and energies of students, parents, and teachers towards achieving an educational aim. This area demands the services of a specialist. Hence, the importance of a Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership.
The profession of educational leadership has improved significantly. It has become important in education policy programs worldwide. It plays a crucial role in refining school outcomes by influencing the motivations and capabilities of the teachers, as well as the school climate and environment.
In fact, educationists worldwide are concerned about what to do with the talents and energies their students exhibit. In pursuit of an answer, they enroll for this course which is cost-effective, less time consuming and more importantly can be used for career advancement in place of a doctoral degree.
However, Online schools make it even better for you to get a degree while working. Also, it allows you to learn at your own comfort. In fact, getting a specialist degree in educational leadership online is one way to achieve a lot at a time. With this, you work, earn and get better.
What is a Specialist Degree?
A specialist degree is a terminal professional degree that is designed to provide knowledge and theory in the field beyond the master’s degree level.
So, a specialist degree in education refers to knowledge and theory provided beyond the master’s level to solve one of the following educational needs.
- Special needs
- Training and development
- Children psychology
- Adult education
- Curriculum and instruction
- Educational leadership
Furthermore, information on guiding the talents and energies of teachers, pupils, and parents towards achieving the common educational aim is gained as a Specialist degree in Educational Leadership.
Who is an Educational Leadership Specialist?
This is one who runs at least a 36-hour credit program as part of a doctoral degree or a post-master’s degree in educational leadership.
Although the required hours for this program may vary from states and universities, this specialist guides the talent and energies of students, parents, and teachers towards achieving an educational aim.
Therefore, an educational leadership specialist is one who specializes in educational leadership among other concerns in the educational field.
What can I do with an Educational Leadership Specialist Degree?
Generally, this degree is for teachers who desire to advance their careers. Therefore, you need first to define your career goal.
This will guide you in choosing what specialist degree to enrol for. So, with a specialist degree in educational leadership, you can advance your career and qualify for better pay.
However, teachers who seek to be school administrators and principals without a Ph.D. degree can enroll for this post-graduate degree. In this Ed.s degree, you will study the following courses.
- Foundations of Educational Leadership and Administration
- Teaching and Learning for School Leaders
- Using Data to Strengthen Schools
- Quality Education for Students With Diverse Needs
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation
So, with a specialist degree in educational leadership, you can get better pay while advancing your career. Also, you can work as a school administrator or principal. You will also make a greater impact on learning communities and improve quality education in the education system.
Why an Online Specialist Degree?
Online degree aids you get specialized skills to take your career further. However, as important as it sounds, getting back to school while working is tasking and may affect your daily job. Therefore, an online degree that allows you to study, gain value at your own time and pace is a great choice.
In fact, an online degree from an accredited university is as relevant as a degree course from a physical university. However, make sure that the institution awarding this degree is reliable and has authority and is recognized in your country.
Furthermore, you may need to check out the employability rate and the relevance of that degree to your course and its acceptability in your state of residence.
In addition, an online degree study schedule is flexible, cost-effective and allows you to learn in your comfort zone. Also, learning with the internet from e-learning experts makes your knowledge more diverse and encompassing.
However, you may need a working laptop and an active internet connection to access your coursework and attend lectures online.
READ ALSO: 10 Cheapest RN to BSN Online Programs in Florida in 2024
How much does it cost to get an Online Specialist Degree?
In fact, getting an online degree is cost-effective because it saves you the cost of transportation to lectures every day. However, the cost of any online degree depends mostly on the institution involved.
To know how much this may cost, you need to find an accredited online school. However, according to get educated, it may cost you as low as $7,500 and as much as $18, 175.00 to gain this degree.
Online schools also provide tiered tuition where students pay per credit, this decreases if students enroll in more credit hours. In fact, scholarships available for resident students are also open to online students.
So, you may also apply for this to reduce costs. Check the box below for more information on schools where you can get this educational leadership degree.
How do I get a Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership?
To get this degree, firstly, you need to have a working laptop and an active internet server/connection. Since it’s an online school, you would need an internet connection to apply, access your course work and attend lectures.
Secondly, since it is a specialized degree program, you are expected to have a 30-hour credit graduate degree and a master’s degree from an accredited university. Although the specialized skills this degree offers are for post master’s degree students, this degree can be offered at the Ph.D. level or Master’s degree.
Furthermore, you should be an educationist who seeks to advance her skills and take up more challenging roles. Although there may be more requirements, they are school-based.
Consequently, you should decide which school you would like to study in. Here are some online universities awarding this degree.
SEE ALSO: 21 Flexible Online Courses at Access Distance Learning in 2024
Where can I get an Online Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership?
Liberty University Online
This university is accredited and offers a 30 hours credit program for this course. However, up to 6 credit hours of the Degree total can be transferred to Liberty. So, you can pay in instalments. In addition, this course is expected to start on the 21st of October.
Furthermore, the estimated cost to run this program is $447, and you will offer the following courses.
This university is CAEP accredited. Consequently, It offers 36 total semester credits for this degree. Subsequently, this program will cost you $30, 700 of which $29,00 is the tuition fee and $1000, the technology fee.
Nevertheless, this fee can be paid in instalments of 825 dollars tuition fee and $200 technology fee per credit hour. Their curriculum offers insight into the following:
- Understand and manage complex educational issues.
- Assess, improve, and provide quality instructional programs.
- Recruit/hire and retain school personnel committed to improving student learning.
- Create a shared strategic vision.
- Encourage and inspire students, teachers, staff members, families, and the community to work together to provide a safe and secure learning environment.
A principled handbook for more information and requirement has ben provided. However, click the link below to request information for the next start date.
Valdosta State University
A 27 credit hour program for this course is offered by this university. However, this program will cost you $8,500.Consequently, an applicant must have a minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited university.
Also, a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for a graduate degree is required. To apply for this online specialist degree, click the link below.
Appalachian State University
This university offers a 60 credit hour doctoral program for this course. However, the next session begins next year. In addition, It is a part-time specialist degree estimated to cost you about $266 per credit hour.
Moreover, to apply for this course in this university applicants must fulfill the following requirements.
- Hold a master’s degree from an accredited college or university or the Education Specialist from Appalachian.
- Have GRE exam scores not older than five years.
- Applicants for the Educational Administration concentration must hold a Master of School Administration from an accredited college or university or the Education Specialist degree in Educational Administration from Appalachian, and hold or be eligible to hold a current NC superintendent’s license.
- Interested candidates who are not eligible to hold superintendent’s licensure, but do hold one or more degrees leading to licensure in the public schools may either:
- They should apply for a master’s degree in School Administration and then apply for the Doctoral Program upon receipt of the MSA, or
- Students should have transcripts reviewed by the MSA coordinator.
Requirements for Application
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Pay the application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Four references
- Letter of Intent: This should be an example of your writing ability. Instructions: Address the following points without exceeding five pages:
- Your purposes for pursuing a doctoral degree and your future professional goals.
- State your major academic and research area interests.
- A description of the issues or problems evident in your community that you believe can be addressed by relevant research skills and scholarly inquiry.
- Scholars and educational leaders who have influenced your own thinking and practice.
- Your understanding of the ways that doctoral education can help you to lead educational change and bring necessary knowledge to bear on the needs of communities.
- Interview — applicants should arrange an interview in person or via telephone with the program director in advance of submitting their completed application
George Washington University
The George Washington University offers this as a specialized degree that prepares students to lead and promote high-quality student achievement at a district, sub-district or school-wide level.
Furthermore, candidates who don’t wish to offer a doctoral degree, save money and time by taking up this 30-credit-hour program. To study in this university would need to apply online. Find details on application guidelines, cost, and the deadline on the link below.
However, for a successful application, you would need the following:
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (at least 1 from a current administrator preferred)
- Application Fee
Educational leadership is an important part of qualitative education. The need for a specialist in this field, however, can’t be overlooked. In fact, educationists around the globe will jump at this golden opportunity to improve relevance and increased pay.
Furthermore, online accredited schools bring this offer home. This online degree gives you the opportunity to learn at the comfort and at slashed prices.
This article explains in detail why you need this online specialist degree and how to apply and get one. Carefully choose a school that meets your standard and begin this great job to gain value and relevancy in the ever-evolving world.
Although, you need to fulfill the requirement of your preferred institution yet it gives you an edge over your colleagues and offers you a better career with increased pay.
In fact, amongst other online programs, Educational leadership Specialist Degree online gives you an opportunity to reach the peak as an educationist without a doctoral degree. You can also take these free online courses as you seek to advance in your carer.
#Educational #leadership #Specialist #Degree #Online