The Australian National University (ANU) invites you to the free online Evidence-Based Business Communication course.
The course aims to give you information on effective communication by evaluating evidence to identify and support the best communications strategies for your business.
Some may be inclined to ask why business communication is important. A quote from renowned author, business coach, and motivational speaker Anthony Robbins sums up why everyone needs to learn evidence-based business communication.
He is quoted as saying, to communicate effectively, we must realize that we are all different in how we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
It is very important to realize why we need to communicate. This will go a long way in creating better business relations.
Evidence-based business communication evaluates the evidence supporting different communication strategies and guides managers to identify the best strategy for different communication objectives.
What You Need to Know About the Free Online Course on Evidence-Based Business Communication
The Course at a Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The Australian National University (ANU)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on May 3, annually.
- About University: The Australian National University (ANU) is a celebrated place of intensive research, education, and policy engagement. ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital. They focus on research as an asset and an approach to education.
- Aim of University: The Australian National University (ANU) is endowed by the nation to bring credit to Australia through the quality of its research, education, and contribution to societal transformation.
Students are required to have completed EBM01x. This course is a graduate-level course that assumes an undergraduate degree-level understanding in a non-cognate area.
About This Course
- Benefits: Using the evidence-based management (EBM) framework, this communications course provides learners with the tools to evaluate the quality of their communication efforts. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Workplace communication is very important to companies because it allows companies to be productive and operate effectively. Employees can experience an increase in morale, productivity and commitment if they can communicate up and down the communication chain in an organization.
How to Join This Course
You should register through the link to join this free online course.
- Week 1: Interpersonal communication
Theory and best practice in the area of interpersonal communication. This involves sharing ideas and concepts, something many people are surprisingly not used to.
- Week 2: Business writing
Principles of effective business writing. Business writing is as important to business as writing the alphabet.
- Week 3: Presentation skills
Principles of effective public speaking and business presentations.
- Week 4: Rhetoric and Persuasion
The importance of rhetoric and persuasion to effective business communication.
- Week 5: Data visualization
Different strategies for presenting complex concepts visually.
- Week 6: Stakeholders and communication
Select and apply different business communication strategies for different communication objectives.
Why Take This Course
Some of the reasons you should take the online course on evidence based business communication include:
Advantage of Course: Workplace communication is vital to an organization’s productivity and operation.
The communications skills developed in this course are particularly valuable for those interested in pursuing a marketing or communications role, marcomms professionals emerging leaders, established managers, and entrepreneurs.
Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($149). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- Determine stakeholder interests and requirements.
- Employ evidence-based decision-making to determine appropriate methods of communicating with stakeholders.
Karen Jansen: Karen is an Associate Professor in management at the Research School of Management at the Australian National University. She completed her PhD in strategic HRM and organizational change at Texas A&M University.
No specific knowledge is required for the online course on evidence-based communication, but you have an interest in the business.
You Might Also Be Interested In
You can join the “Marketing Management” free online course if interested.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link
Yes, there are several courses on communication skills out there. One of which is the online course on evidence based business communication.
Generally, the online course on evidence based business communication teaches you effective ways to communicate using evidence as a strategy.
There is no shortage of advice on communicating but knowing which advice to pay attention to and how to apply the right communication strategy to achieve a given objective or even to avoid making things worse is not easy. After completing the course, you will learn how to apply the right communication strategy to achieve a given objective.
Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes your time studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications or appraisals.
#Free #Online #Evidence #Based #Business #Communication