Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, is delighted to give a free online course, “Introduction to Investments”. The course is designed to teach you about equity markets and security valuation.
This course will teach you to examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation.
The course beginning with introductory finance notions of risk and return, examines qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation.
Go through this article, Kiiky Forum has arranged to find out every detail you need to be a participant in the free online course on Introduction to Investments.
All You Need To Know About Free Online Course on Introduction to Investments
Course At A Glance
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 5 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course started on May 4th.
- About University: Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, is one of the top management schools in India. They build leaders through holistic, transformative, and innovative education. They are known for excellence in teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government, and civil society across the globe.
- Aim of University: The university’s vision is to build leaders and entrepreneurship through Holistic, transformative, and innovative education.
- Introductory corporate finance
- High school algebra
About This Course
- Benefits: The course suits students seeking employment with a brokerage company, Investment Company, or financial services company responsible for evaluating and selecting equity securities for investment portfolios. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The whole system of stock markets is based on the idea of equity valuation. The stock markets have a wide variety of stocks on offer, whose perceived market value changes every minute because of the information the market receives on a real-time basis. Equity valuation, therefore, is the backbone of the modern financial system. It enables companies with sound business models to command a premium in the market.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the link below to join this free online course:
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Given these financial realities, valuation has several advantages. Devoting resources to gain complete knowledge of the value of the business is a very prudent use of funds. Spreading the risk of ownership is especially important when a company grows, with the original shareholders wanting to cash in some of their profits while still retaining a percentage of the company.
- Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($25). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- To advance the understanding of fundamental concepts of financial markets and market participants.
- To explain the structure of global markets in which equities trade.
- To evaluate the economic and industry environment in which companies operate.
- To develop and employ tools of financial analysis for examining company fundamentals.
- Also, to understand techniques for valuing equity securities.
- To link theories of valuation to practical aspects of investing.
S.G. Badrinath: He is currently the Chairperson of the Centre for Capital Markets and Risk Management at IIM Bangalore. He is on leave from San Diego State, teaching in the Investments and Risk Management areas.
No specific knowledge or educational background is assumed for the free online course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you want to join another course, you can enter the “How to Design a Successful Business Model” free online course.
For more information about the system, you can check the given link:
The tools you learn during the course will enable you to build valuation models for common stocks. This process will teach you how professional financial analysts should test companies.
At the end of the course, you’ll be awarded a certificate that provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
#Free #Online #Introduction #Investments