Suppose you are considering attending George School or have already been offered admission. In that case, it will be most prudent to find out as much as possible about it, including Tuition Admission, Programs, and Scholarships.
It is a notable school that offers an impressive number of programs to the diverse local and global community. They promise a good environment to aid students in achieving their educational goals and more.
Stay with us as we reveal more about this prestigious George School in this post.
About George School
A global school with local roots, George School is a Quaker, co-ed boarding and day high school in Newtown, PA., Close to New York City and Philadelphia, located on an attractive 240-acre campus.
George School is a qualified leader in education, offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma program and nearly 20 Advanced Placement courses. Students are absorbed in learning across all disciplines in a demanding yet tailored curriculum.
Students partake in 25 different team sports and take physical wellness classes in state-of-the-art facilities. George School’s three-season equestrian program combines athleticism and horsemanship for greenhorn and advanced riders.
George School graduates attend the most selective colleges and universities worldwide and become confident and proficient leaders rooted in self-awareness, self-sufficiency, and the ability to listen deeply to others.
Why Choose George School?
At George School, they promise to allow you to invent yourself. You’ll join intriguing clubs (or even start one) and have weekend adventures. And learn to live in a dorm with roommates in a lovely place with cherry trees, robotics classes, and live music.
You not only get the academics and the college counseling, but it’s everything surrounding that—the leadership skills you will build in clubs and sports, the life skills you gain from living with others from across the world, and the creative outlets that you’ll pursue—that will shape your experience here.
Clubs & Organizations
George School students are a diverse bunch, but they also have a lot in common. They’re active, engaged, collaborative, and community-centric.
No surprise that they get involved in so many clubs and leadership roles, throwing their hands into wet clay, their bodies into step routines, and their hearts and minds into whatever gets them excited.
If you have a hobby, an interest, or a burning passion, chances are that other students share it. There are longtime groups focused on cultural interests, global issues, music and art, and just plain fun stuff.
If there isn’t a club for something you love, why not start one? New groups form every year. Here are just a few of our current clubs.
The weekend activities embrace the world both on and off campus. You’ll take advantage of the proximity to major cities like Philadelphia and New York, and they also value the richness of diversity that exists on campus.
On a given weekend, there might be opportunities to explore mural arts in Philly, collaborate to build a raft, make empanadas, design creation for a fashion show, or solve a mystery on a New York City scavenger hunt.
MERIT AWARDS AND FINANCIAL AID
George School offers merit awards and financial aid to aid the students in achieving their educational goals.
At George School, the scholarship funds let us reward incoming students for demonstrating intelligence, optimism, curiosity, and leadership.
All students who meet the admission application deadline can get merit awards. You do not need any applications. These awards range from $1,000 to $15,000 per year and renew annually.
The financial aid awards meet 100 percent of a family’s demonstrated need and do not include loans. This substantial financial commitment creates an environment where students with widely varying life experiences can learn together (and from one another).
Families are encouraged to apply for aid if they think the cost of attending George School is greater than their ability to pay. Non-students – U.S. citizens may qualify for financial aid, but these funds are limited.
Financial aid for international students traditionally does not exceed 50% of the cost of tuition. Priority is given to families who apply by the deadlines.
The school knows that each family has a unique financial picture. If you would like to discuss your specific situation or have questions about deadlines or application materials, please contact:
Associate Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Financial Aid Coordinator
Financial Aid Applications
George School subscribes to School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to process financial aid application materials. A completed financial aid application includes the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), W-2 forms, and tax returns with all schedules and statements, including personal and, if applicable, corporate tax returns.
REQUIREMENTS FOR US STUDENTS
On or before January 15
- Completed Parents Financial Statement (PFS) online to SSS.
- 2018 and 2019 W-2s (if applicable).
- 2018 and 2019 tax returns and all supporting schedules.
- If self-employed, please submit a Schedule C.
- If income is in the form of rental income, royalties, or is income reported on a K1 from a Partnership or S Corporation, please submit a Schedule E and respective K1s.
- 2018 and 2019 S-Corp or Partnership returns (if applicable) 1065 and/or 1120S.
- Divorced or separated parents may submit either a combined PFS or file separately. George School considers all resources available to students, so we require information from parents/guardians and stepparents regardless of divorce, separation, or marital status.
- By January 15: All financial aid applicants must submit a PFS and all required financial documentation to SSS. All other required financial documentation not available on January 15 must be submitted as soon as it becomes available.
March 10: Decision Notification for New Families
- If the deadlines submit all required documents, you will receive notification of your financial aid status and admission decision on March 10.
April 1: Decision Notification for Returning Families
- If the deadlines submit all required documents, you will receive an email notification of your financial aid status on April 1.
See: 10 Things To Do During First Week of College
Requirements For International Students
If you do not file taxes in the United States or your primary source of income is not in US Dollars (USD), you still must fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Also, you must download and submit the International Student Financial Aid Profile form.
Along with the International Student Financial Aid Profile form, please upload the following:
Tax returns from your country, proof of income from your employer, and copies of bank statements for all bank accounts (checking, savings, money market, and other investment accounts) on or before January 15.
At George School, the classes are small, and each student gets lots of attention from their advisor and teachers. They designed the admission process to unfold the same way.
Everything you need is on the website, and they always help you through the application process at any time.
Interested in learning more? Complete our Inquiry Form today!
The deadline to apply for financial aid is January 15, and the application deadline is February 1.
How Do I Apply?
STEP 1: TALK ABOUT YOURSELF
To start the admission process, please complete our Enquiry Form online.
STEP 2: COME VISIT
For the Fall of 2024, George School cannot accommodate campus admission visitors. You can spend some time in the Virtual Visit Center to take an online campus tour and learn more about George School. They reassess their ability to offer on-campus tours beginning in January.
All of the interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Candidates participating in Zoom interviews can speak with current students before the interview.
If you are a non-native English speaker, please review the instructions for international applicants for additional information about the interview process and requirements.
Please contact the Admission Office at 215.579.6547 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
STEP 3: TAKE THE APPROPRIATE TESTS
In the 2024 application cycle, George School is not requiring students to submit the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) scores. In place of the SSAT, George School will require a writing sample to be administered in the interview process. Also, George School will require applicants to submit a sampling of their mathematics coursework.
For more information about the mathematics sample, please review the Mathematics Sample section in Step 4 below. For students who wish to submit SSAT scores, the school code is 3364. PSAT, SAT, and ACT results reported in the current academic year are acceptable for eleventh-grade applicants.
Candidates for whom English is a second language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The school code for TOEFL is 8138. Students who may have difficulty completing the TOEFL or the IELTS in the era of COVID-19 should contact the Admission Office at email@example.com.
STEP 4: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
The school wants to make the application process as easy as possible. Because many students apply to multiple schools, they accept the Standard Application Online (SAO) from SSAT. After you begin the application process, you can track the status of your application through SAO.
If you attend a Quaker meeting, please have your clerk fill out the clerk recommendation form.
George School will accept additional recommendations beyond the required recommendations listed above. If you have additional recommendations, they may be mailed directly to the Admission Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because George School is not requiring completion of the Secondary Admission Test in the 2024 admission cycle, they ask all applicants to submit the following to the Admission Office:
- A photograph of the cover of the table of contents of the mathematics textbook or a link to the online mathematics curriculum you are currently using
- 2-3 examples of math work you feel represents your best mathematics work from this current (2024) academic year. This can be a graded homework assignment, quiz, test, or extracurricular mathematics work. There is no minimum or maximum number of pages per example, and the mathematics work does not have to cover a specific discipline.
For International Students:
- Please provide a link to or a copy of the mathematics syllabus for your current year
- Please indicate when you would next take a national exam (such as the IGSCE) and what exam that would be
Materials for the Mathematics Sample should be sent to the Admission Office (email@example.com) electronically as an email attachment. Materials should be received by February 1, 2024.
Click: George Washington University: Admission, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking
What Are The Courses And Programs At George School?
At George School, the academic program lets you chart your path—one that is as rigorous as it is customized to you. You also will be driven by the challenge—of yourself, your classmates, and your preconceptions.
The school’s curriculum gives you a solid foundation and encourages you to go further than possible. You can opt for courses in the International Baccalaureate (IB) and Advanced Placement (AP) programs at the highest levels.
Learn more about the academic program and planning process and see stories of real students with varied interests (and varied pathways to suit) in our Course Planning Guide.
The academic departments here are:
These academic departments exist in George School:
What Is The Tuition For The 2024 Academic Year Of George School?
Tuition for the 2024 Academic Year will be released by February 1, 2024. Please use 2024 tuition rates as an estimation.
Boarding Students — $63,700 (includes tuition, room and board, and some materials/lab fees)
Day Students — $42,200 (includes tuition, all meals, and some materials/lab fees)
Books, supplies, and program fees — $900 (estimated)
Which Bodies Are Accredited with The George School?
George School received accreditation from the following bodies:
- The States Association of Colleges and Schools,
- The Association of Boarding Schools,
- The College Board,
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Rankings of George School
This is a co-educational school. 540 students study at the school. 14% are international students from 30 countries.
There are usually about 14 people in a class. So, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 7:1, George School ranks as
- Best Christian High School in America
, #20 of 1,965
- Best Boarding High School in America
#41 of 399
- Most Diverse Private High School in America
#81 of 7,099
- Best Private High School in America
#154 of 4,260
- Best College Prep Private High Schools in America
#204 of 4,148
- Best High Schools for STEM in America
#484 of 7,880
- Most Diverse Private High Schools in Pennsylvania
#1 of 348
- Best Boarding High Schools in Pennsylvania
#2 of 23
- Best Christian High Schools in Pennsylvania
#3 of 83
- Best Private High Schools in Pennsylvania
#5 of 196
- Best College Prep Private High Schools in Pennsylvania
#7 of 189
- Best High Schools for STEM in Pennsylvania
#19 of 264
- Most Diverse Private High Schools in Philadelphia Area
#1 of 136
- Best Boarding High Schools in Philadelphia Area
#1 of 11
- Best Christian High Schools in Philadelphia Area
#3 of 34
- Best Private High Schools in Philadelphia Area
#4 of 103
- Best College Prep Private High Schools in Philadelphia Area
#4 of 99
- Best High Schools for STEM in Philadelphia Area
#17 of 141
- Best High Schools for STEM in Bucks County
#1 of 19
- Most Diverse Private High Schools in Bucks County
#1 of 13
- Best Private High Schools in Bucks County
#1 of 9
- Best College Prep Private High Schools in Bucks County
#1 of 8
- Best Boarding High Schools in Bucks County
#1 of 3
- Best Christian High Schools in Bucks County
#1 of 3
George School is ranked as one of the best in Pennsylvania. With a favorable acceptance rate, they accept students from far and near and offer them the best education.
They also offer a decent number of programs at affordable fees and provide financial aid to eligible students.
#George #School #Review #Tuition #Admission #Programs #Scholarships