IVCC student email gives you access to the university community. During the application/admission process, students are expected to provide their email addresses which the school will use to create a student account.
The Illinois Valley Community College (IVCC) student email is the official way the school communicates with the students, hence the need to set up the account.
In this article, we will share how to use the IVCC student email account, starting from how to gain access; carefully read through.
What Is the IVCC Student Email Address?
Your IVCC student email address comprises your Knumber@students.ivcc.edu. Your password is your student ID number.
Although, you will be prompted to change your password the first time you log into the IVCC student email.
See Also: Email Signatures For College Students 2024
How Do I Get an IVCC Student Email Address?
For new students, the school will create your IVCC student email account the following day after registering for credit courses.
Eagle Mail is your IVCC student email and is used for official IVCC communication. Access Eagle Mail at www.ivcc.edu/studentemail.
Do Students Keep Their IVCC Student Emails After Graduation?
After your final semester of taking an IVCC credit course, your student email account will continue to function for up to a year, after which they will deactivate it.
Why is it essential to get the IVCC Student Email?
Student email is an email address each student gives when enrolling in college. Students are given this email address because they cannot use their private email accounts to converse with college administrators, lecturers, professors, etc.
You need an official email address only used for professional and official purposes.
What can I do with my school email login?
You can use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint by logging in with your Eagle Mail credentials. For more information on how to use MS 365 Online apps and install MS 365 apps on devices, visit Microsoft 365 Apps.
Who is Powering IVCC School Email?
Microsoft 365 powers Illinois Valley Community College school email.
See Also: How To Change LinkedIn Email
Is IVCC Email Gmail or Outlook?
To access your IVCC student email, use Outlook Web Mail. Go to www.ivcc.edu/outlook.
IVCC Employee Email
- First name Last email@example.com is the email address of your instructor.
- You can check your course syllabus or visit the faculty web pages to obtain your instructor’s email address.
How Can I Get In Touch With IVCC?
Illinois Valley Community College (IVCC) is at 815 North Orlando Smith Road, Oglesby, IL 61348, USA.
Phone: (815) 224-2720
Fax: (815) 224-3033
Fax for Registration/Cashier: (815) 224-0892
The following is the contact information of some influential personalities in IVCC:
- Dr. Gary Roberts, Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Dawn Watson, Administrative Assistant for Learning and Student Development
- Mark Grzybowski, Vice President for Student Services
- Tom Quigley, Director of Admissions and Records
- Eric Johnson, Director of Financial Aid
- Fran Brolley, Director of Development/Foundation
- Campus Security
- Miguel Hermosillo, InterimBursar
Please use the contacts below for help if the IVCC Continuity of Academic Operations Plan (CAOP) is adopted. They will use only the email addresses below to provide support while the emergency and continuity plans are in force.
Contact Patrice Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-453-8161 (call or text) if IVCC faculty need to escalate an issue with instructional technology or academic support.
If you know the IVCC academic support staff members’ personal mobile phone numbers, kindly avoid calling them when the continuity plan is in effect.
Related: Kirkwood Student Email 2024: How to Use Kirkwood Student Email
Blackboard and Office365 for Students
Student Help Desk, email@example.com
Email, Blackboard, Respondus, and Zoom for Faculty
- The school will provide first-time login help for IVCC email and Blackboard for IVCC faculty. They will also support using email, Blackboard, Respondus, and Zoom for current users.
- They will not be introducing Respondus or Zoom. When the continuity plan is in effect, they will be in login support mode for email and Blackboard and support-only mode for Respondus and Zoom.
- IVCC email usernames, password resets – IT Help Desk, (815) 224-0555
- Blackboard usernames and password resets – Dawn Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mary Smith, email@example.com
- How-to…in Blackboard – Dawn Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org and Mary Smith, email@example.com
- Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor – Dawn Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mary Smith, email@example.com
- Course site copies, troubleshooting – Bob Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Services – email@example.com
Library – firstname.lastname@example.org or library chat
- Physical materials, books, and interlibrary loans will not be available when the continuity plan is in effect.
- Materials returned will be back-dated to the last date the library was open.
- A grace period without fines will be implemented as needed.
- Library patrons can visit other CARLI libraries which accept IVCC ID cards for borrowing.
If the emergency and continuity plans are in effect, IVCC will:
- Suspend tutoring and writing consultation are typically offered through the Peer Tutoring and Writing Centers.
- Stop proctored exams administered through the Assessment Centers on the Oglesby Campus and at the Ottawa Centre.
What is IVCC School Email for Admission?
Email – email@example.com
What is IVCC School Email for Online Learning?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
See Also: How To Create A .edu Email Account For Free In 2024
What is the IVCC School Email for Tutoring and Writing Center?
Email – email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Read This: UTI Student Email Login: How To Use UTI Student Email Accounts
What is the IVCC School Email for Jacobs Library?
The library website provides access to books, articles, and research online. Some of the library’s online resources require a login.
- Go to www.ivcc.edu/library, click SOAR.
- Click Sign in, select IVCC Login
- Sign in using your Eagle Mail address and password.
Email – email@example.com
What is IVCC School Email for Bookstore?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: C-224 Oglesby Campus
What is IVCC School Email for Career Services?
Email – email@example.com
Location: CTC 203 Oglesby Campus
How Do I Log in To My IVCC Student Email?
- Go to Student Email
- Enter your email address: Kfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password:
i. Use your current email password if you have accessed an IVCC computer or utilized the new email address since June 1st.
ii. Your IVCC computer and email password are Eaglesxxxxxxx! if you last logged in on June 1st. Note that the Xs is your student ID number, then an exclamation mark.
iii. If you cannot log in, Submit a Ticket requesting a password reset.
- Click “Next” for More Information Required. If you forget your password, you can do so using this. You must either input your phone number or select a different contact method.
- Update your password.
i. Click your initial in the upper right corner and choose View Account
ii. Select Change Password under Password
iii. Create a password that complies with the following criteria:
Containing 14 or more characters
At least three of the following: capital, lowercase, numbers, and special characters.
- This password serves as your WiFi and computer network password for IVCC. Check out Campus Technology. When logging into an IVCC computer or WiFi, only use your K# as the username; do not use your complete email address.
- Every 90 days, you’ll need to change your password.
- Do you want your Eagle Mail on your phone? Install the Outlook program from Microsoft. When logging into the app, select Office 365 as the account type.
- You should check your Junk folder. You never know what you might find there.
- All OneDrive files and emails you sent to Kemail@example.com’s old email address have been transferred to the new account.
How Do I Find My K#?
Your K# is often used as your username. Find your K# on your admissions letter or student ID card, or visit WebAdvisor at www.ivcc.edu/webadvisor. Select WHAT’S MY USER ID (K-NUMBER)?
See Also: UHD Student Email Login 2024: How to Use Student Email Account
How Do I Recover My IVCC Student Email Password?
If you have forgotten your password, you can recover it by following the steps below:
- Choose Can’t Access Your Account or Forgot Password to recover your account.
- If you make five unsuccessful login attempts, they lock you out for 30 minutes.
Related: How To Delete Email Account On iPhone
IVCC Update Security Methods
You must update your Eagle Mail contact information if your phone number or personal email address changes to keep the ability to reset your password.
- Log in to your email.
- Click your initials in the upper right corner and choose View Account
- Select Update Info under Security Info
- Click Change to update your phone number and personal email address. Follow the prompts.
Read Also: How To Confirm Email On Paypal
How to Send a Student Thank You Email at IVCC
If IVCC decides you’re a good fit for their school, they may send you a college acceptance letter.
Responding to this letter is vital so that the board understands your intent on enrolling. You must also show gratitude by sending a thank you email using the IVCC student email.
You can follow these steps to reply to a college acceptance letter:
- Add your contact information
- Create a subject line
- Include a professional opening
- State your intent to enrol
- Thank the recipient
- Include a closing
Simple School Email Etiquette
Writing a professional email may not sound like a big deal, but it’s a skill.
Sending a message to a professor, hiring manager, recruiter, or professional contact differs from sending messages to friends and family. There are a specific set of email etiquette practices you need to follow to:
- Know when it’s appropriate to email.
- Provide specific information in the subject line.
- Use your IVCC student email account.
- Greet your contact correctly.
- Introduce yourself.
- Be polite.
- Be brief.
- Keep the appearance simple.
- Be positive and friendly.
- Don’t use acronyms.
- Proofread your email before sending it.
- Send attachments that are easy to access and easily recognizable.
- Sign off politely.
- Use a professional signature (and quote) if applicable.
- Include nothing confidential or controversial.
Related: How to Write an Email to a Professor
Illinois Valley Community College (IVCC) is a community college in Oglesby, Illinois
Unless otherwise specified, payment is due at the time of registration. Cash, credit card, debit card, check, or money order is accepted. Payment can be made by phone or completed online if using online registration.
Students registering for online ed2go classes will register and pay for their course directly on the ed2go.com/ivcc website.
You will receive a confirmation of your registration and payment via email.
Your K# is often used as your username. Find your K# on your admissions letter, or student ID card or by visiting WebAdvisor at www.ivcc.edu/webadvisor. Select WHAT’S MY USER ID (K-NUMBER)?
Select IVCCGuest Wi-Fi network.
Open browser–your webpage should load to the IVCC Guest Portal authentication webpage.
Enter your Eagle Mail username (your K#) and your password.
Illinois Valley Community College has developed an easy-to-use collaboration system that makes it easy for students to access university updates and make inquiries. To master how to use the student email effectively, you need to know how to use it.
We hope this article provides tips on effectively using the IVCC student email system.
#IVCC #Student #Email