This article details the 2024 Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment date, process, and application requirements. You also learn relevant information to help you have the edge over other applicants.
The Kenya Prison services were created several years ago during the pre-colonial era, and after the nation gained its independence, the prison services continued to function. The primary responsibility of the KPS is to detain offenders who go against the rule of law.
Over the years, KPS has undergone a series of transformations that have seen it serve as not just detention facilities but as correctional and rehabilitative facilities for offenders and convicts.
To uphold this value, KPS recruits suitable and qualified citizens annually or bi-annually through a fair application process. To apply for a position in KPS, applicants must meet some set eligibility criteria as stated below.
Kenya Prison Service Application Requirements
To become a member of the KPS, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements;
- Interested candidates must hold the KCSE with a minimum grade of D+ or equivalent from a recognized school.
- Applicants must be citizens of Kenya
- You must be aged 18 – 28 for high school leavers
- Applicants must ensure that they are physically and mentally fit
- Male applicants must be taller than 5.4 feet, while female applicants must be taller than 5’’2
- You must have good hearing and a clear vision
- Must not have been involved in criminal activity in the past
- Female applicants must not be pregnant during the application or the training period.
- All applicants must come with their original national ID card, KRA PIN Certificate, Educational Certificate, and testimonials on the day of accomplishment.
- Applicants can bear associate intensive Government-sponsored professional paramilitary program for 9 months.
- During the process of the skilled coaching, recruits are to register for a Self-Sponsored Certificate in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University
Applicants are to note that Bribery and other illicit acts of lobbying in a desperate attempt to ensure that they are offered positions in KPS are tagged illegal, and offenders would be disqualified and made to face the full wrath of the law.
Also, any applicant who presents a fake certificate or false information about their bio-data would be disqualified and prosecuted.
KPS Required Academic Qualifications
Application into Kenya Prison Service is open to technicians and artisans. This group must possess some stipulated certificate to be considered for a place in KPS.
Technicians – Candidates applying as technicians are required to hold relevant certificate/diploma from reputable institutions
Artisans – Persons applying as artisans must hold a minimum grade of D+ in their Kenyan Certificate Examination.
Artisans may also present Certificates in Government Trade or certificates in Craft.
In addition to the certificates, applicants must have a minimum working experience of 2 years.
KPS Job Vacancies
The following vacancies are open for application in the KPS
- Clinical Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Nursing Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Public Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Radiographers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Pharmaceutical Technologists III/II/I (PG 3)
- Community Oral Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Health Records Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Laboratory Technologists III (PG 3)
- Nutritionists III/II (PG 3)
- Animal Health Officers (PG 3)
- Information-Communication Technology Officers III (PG 3)
- Housekeepers/Caterers II (PG 3)
- P1 Tutors (PG 2)
- Early-Childhood Development Officers (PG 1)
- Cooks (PG 1)
- Bands Men (PG 1)
Positions for individuals applying as artisans include;
- Masonry or Brick birthing (PG 1/2/3)
- Construction or craft & Joinery (PG1/2/3 )
- Tailoring, Dress creating, Fashion &Designing (PG1/2/3)
- Fitter General (PG 1/2/3)
- Architects Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Metal employees (PG 1/2/3)
- Wood/Stone carvers (PG 1/2/3)
- Leather Works (PG 1/2/3)
- Electrical Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Painting & signwriters (PG1/2/3)
- Plant Technicians (PG 1/2/3)
- Plumbers/Water offer Operators (PG 1/2/3)
- Draughtsman (PG 1/2/3)
- Videographers (PG 1/2/3)
- Hair and Beauty Therapist (PG 1/2/3)
- Welding and fabrication (PG ½)
When is the Kenya Prisons Services Recruitment Date?
In the past few months, several young men and women have flocked the internet with questions about the next Kenya prison services recruitment date.
Also, we are aware of some false news by some websites and print media about the 2024 KPS recruitment exercise.
We urge all prospective applicants to disregard all publications giving information about the KPS recruitment date. Please note that the Kenya Prisons Service is yet to release a 2024 recruitment date as of the time of publication of this article.
The application date for the 2024 recruitment would be released shortly; as such, we urge you to keep a date with us for an update about the official application date.
KPS Recruitment Portal
As of the time of filing the report, the KPS portal is closed and the website doesn’t seem to be accessible. We urge all prospective applicants to be vigilant and not be naive to fall to scammers who peddle false information with the aim of disposing of prospective applicants of money.
You are advised not to pay heed to information from unconfirmed sources on the internet or print media to avoid been scammed.
Applicants who wish to be updated about the developments in the Kenya Prison Services are advised to subscribe to our newsletter in order to get updates about the official recruitment date.
Or, intending applicants may visit the official Kenyan Prison Service website for details on recruitment date.
To visit the website, log on to https://kenyadmission.com/kenya-prisons-service-application-form/
We advise you to check back from time to time
Method of Application
We regret to inform you that we are limited in the information we have about applying for the Kenya prison services. The authorities are yet to release the mode of application for the 2024 edition. However, we can confirm that the application method follows almost the mode every year.
Each year, applicants are required to complete the PSC two type (2007 revised) on https://publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of the required documents, which include relevant certificates, National ID card, and transfer the file to
The Commissioner-General of Prisons
There is currently no closing date for the 2024 Kenya Prisons Service recruitment. The application deadline will be set when the Kenyan Prison Services officially announces the application date. Again, we urge you to disregard all news about KPS recruitment for now.
Kenya prison service recruitment forms and ways of application have been specified in the post. Go through it carefully before applying.
We hope you find this information helpful. If you do please share with your friends through the various social media platform on the website.
#Kenya #Prisons #Service #Recruitment #World #Scholarship #Forum