Elevate your career with one of the world’s most successful automotive companies and get a head-start into the world of work by participating in the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Bursary.
Learn all there is to know about the Mercedes Benz bursary for South Africans, including the application process and deadline.
The Mercedes Benz program’s primary focus is to harness outstanding achievers at Grade 12 and tertiary levels into its fold of growing talent by providing the participant with financial aid for studies and quality learning.
Just take your time and go through this article; the Kiiky Team has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the Mercedes-Benz Bursary.
Mercedes-Benz, founded by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler in 1926 as “Daimler-Benz,” is a branch of Daimler AG, a German firm. The worldwide auto manufacturing firm is fabled for its luxury vehicles, buses, coaches, and lorries.
Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the company’s history dates back to 1886 when Karl Benz’s “Benz Patent-Motorwagen” was considered the first gasoline-powered automobile.
Mercedes-Benz has branches in several countries, while the parent company is in Germany. South Africa is one such country where Mercedes-Benz has a subsidiary. The government is one of the four African countries where Mercedes-Benz has an alliance. The other African countries are Algeria, Egypt, and Nigeria.
As part of Mercedes-Benz’s corporate social responsibility in South Africa, the German luxury automobile company has established the Mercedes-Benz bursary scheme. This scheme allows eligible South African students to study at any university.
What you need to know about Mercedes-Benz
The Mercedes-Benz program focuses on providing students with funds to support their studies. The bursary award by Mercedes-Benz will cover the student tuition expenses, food, and textbook.
Level/ Field study
The Mercedes-Benz bursary scheme is available to Grade 12 South African learners. Meanwhile, to apply for the bursary program, you must be enrolled for or currently pursuing full-time studies – whether in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of study.
Also, Mercedes-Benz will award the bursary to students within the following fields:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Human Resources
- IT (Information Technology)
Although Mercedez-Benz is a giant German automobile company, its subsidiary in South Africa administers this scholarship to South African students. This means it is still part of the parent company’s corporate plan for South Africans. The parent company sponsors the bursary scheme.
Meanwhile, International Scholarships are available for International students studying abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
The Mercedes Benz Bursary South Africa isdesigned for South African students.
However, we recommend you check out these 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship.
The Mercedes Benz South Africa bursary award will pay for the student’s tuition fees, meals, and textbooks at a university of their choice.
The bursary scheme also allows South African students to work at the Mercedes-Benz plant in East London during holiday vacations.
Also, winning the bursary qualifies you to join the MBSA Graduate Development program after your undergraduate degree.
Applicants should meet the minimum entrance standards before applying for the Mercedez-Benz Bursary scheme.
Please note, however, that failure to meet each prerequisite will probably result in your application not being considered.
To be eligible for the Mercedes Bursary, applicants must be:
- A South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Currently matriculating OR have completed enrollment.
- Studying or planning on studying full time in one of those above research areas.
- Studying at any recognized South African University of their choice.
- If now at the tertiary level, we maintain a minimum overall average of 70 percent in Matric or a minimum overall average of 65 percent.
- Applying with a distinction in HG Mathematics and HG Physical Science gives them an advantage over other applicants
- Someone who is not a worker at the Mercedes Benz group of companies in South Africa.
How To Apply for Mercedes-Benz bursary
The time needed: 20 minutes.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure to apply for the Mercedes Benz bursary for South African students
- Log In: Log onto the Mercedes-Benz Careers website. You may have to create a new account without creating a statement with the Mercedes-Benz career before the bursary application.
- Bursary Selection: Once logged in, select the MBSA Bursary Programme from the menu on the left to learn about the program.
- Upload and Apply: After you’ve understood the bursary program requirements, click “Upload CV” below. Select the folder MBSA Bursary Applications to apply.
In the application process, Mercedes South Africa will require you to submit the following documents:
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 12 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate, if completed Looking certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary developments, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy of)
- Curriculum Vitae (preferably in pdf format)
The submission (upload) of those documents is mandatory. Your program will be dismissed when some of these items are lost or missing.
However, the bursary is not ongoing. So, always visit this page; we will routinely update you on the bursary opportunity when it starts.
We Also Recommend the following:
#MercedesBenz #Bursary #South #Africa #UPDATED