This article is written to give well-detailed information about NTSE 2024 Exams, Admit Card, Eligibility, Application Form, Registration, Date & Process.
The table of contents below provides an overview of all the points discussed here. Craefully navigate through!
About National Talent Search Examination
Formerly, the (National Talent Search Examination) (NTSE) 2024 is a National Level Examination and NCERT (National Council of Education Research and Training) is conducting it. In order, to provide scholarships to deserving applicants.
Also, this exam is for secondary school level to identify and recognize students with high intellect and skills. Equally, the exam is held annually in 2 levels: Stage 1 (State level) and Stage 2 (National level).
- The registration process will begin as of the second week of September 2024. See the NTSE 2024 application form.
- NTSE Stage 1, the exam will be held on November 3 and 4, and NTSE Stage 2, the exam will take place on June 16, 2024.
- The articles are only online and only have objective questions.
- The exam is divided into two parts: the Mental Ability Test (MAT), and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), for both stages.
Each year about 1.2 million to 1.4 million students participate in the exam. While for Stage 2, they are selecting only 5,000 students. Also, out of these 5000 students they are selecting only 1,000 candidates for the scholarship.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
NTSE 2024 Application Dates
NTSE 2024 Registration Dates are different for various states. Generally, NTSE 2024 Application Form is made available in the month of August every year. Many states have already released the application form as shown in the above table.
NTSE 2024 Stage-1 Exam is scheduled on November 2, 3, and 17, and Stage 2 will take place on May 10, 2024. Candidates can check the important dates for NTSE 2024:
|Events||Stage 1||Stage 2|
|NTSE 2024 Application Form Dates||August,||No Registration|
|NTSE 2024 Admit Card||October,||April, 2024|
|NTSE 2024 Exam Dates||November 2, 3, and 17||May 10, 2024|
|Announcement of NTSE Result 2024||January, 2024||September, 2024|
NTSE 2024 Admit Card
The admit card for NTSE will be made available by the authorities according to the official schedule. It will contain important information such as candidate’s name, candidate’s roll number, exam date, and timing as well as exam center address.
The steps to obtain the admit card are explained below:
- NTSE admit cards for Stage 1 will be sent by post to candidate’s address, as specified in the application form.
- In case the admit card is not received, candidates can visit the office of Chief Superintendent to obtain their hall ticket.
- Candidates must download their respective hall tickets from the website.
Documents to carry along with NTSE Admit Card
Carrying only the admit card on the day of the exam is not enough. Entry inside the exam center will not be granted if the student fails to produce his photo ID card. A candidate must carry any one of the below documents:
- Valid photo ID in original and a photocopy of the same
- Anyone of these will be accepted for Photo Identification purposes:
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country How to Apply for Oasis Scholarships 2024 on www.oasis.gov.in
NTSE 2024 Exam Centers
- NTSE 2024 examination is conducted in various states.
- At the time of filing an application form, students have to select a particular exam center.
- Once the application form is successfully submitted students can check the name of the examination center on the admit card.
- The following table shows the details of the examination center like location, contact number, etc.:
|Center Location||Contact Number||Center Location||Contact Number|
|Arunachal Pradesh||0360-2203509||Himachal Pradesh||0179-2270580|
|Sikkim||03592232646||Daman & Diu||02602630624|
|West Bengal||033-24865171||Andhra Pradesh||0863-2596124|
|New Delhi & Western UP||011-25693499||Kerala||04842667102|
NTSE 2024 Exam Process
The exam is conducted in two stages i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2. Thus, the Stage 1 examination is conducted at the state level by the state authorities. Also, Stage 2 examination is conducted at all other states and union territories.
The paper is available in both the Hindi and English medium. Students need to select any one language from both the languages. The paper is divided into two sections i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT), and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- The examination is conducted through the offline mode only.
- The paper is comprised of Objective type multiple choice questions.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and there is no negative marking at stage 1 and stage 2.
- Reserved category candidates have to secure 32% marks in each year to qualify the test, whereas general category candidates have to secure 40% marks to qualify the test.
NTSE Exam Pattern of both Stage 1 and Stage 2 are explained below:
NTSE 2024 Syllabus
- Syllabus of NTSE is based on 10+2 curriculum of NCERT.
- Students are advised to go through each and every topic while preparing for the exam.
- NTSE consists of multiple choice questions which are asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Science, Social Science, English, General Knowledge, and Mental Ability syllabus.
- Following is the detailed explanation of all the topics of different subjects along with the weight-age of the particular topic:
NTSE Mathematics section contains around 30 questions which include the topics from class 6 to 10.
|Algebraic Expressions||5%||Percentage& Its Application||8%|
|Arithmetic||15%||Playing with Number||1%|
|Basic Geometry||15%||Quadratic Equations||8%|
|Coordinate Geometry||1%||Simple & Compound Interest||2%|
|Direct& Inverse Variations||0%||Square & Cube Roots||3%|
|Linear Equation||3%||Surface Areas and Volume||4%|
In the science syllabus, topics are included from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This section contains around 35 questions.
|Acid Bases and Salts||2%||Metals & Non Metals||5%|
|Carbon and it’s Compound||6%||Motion and Force||3%|
|Cellular Level of Organization||4%||Our Environment||5%|
|Diversity in Living Organisms||2%||Periodic Classification of Elements||2%|
|Fibers and Plastics||1%||Reproduction||5%|
|Food Production & Management||1%||Soil||1%|
|Heredity and Evolution||1%||Some Common Diseases||7%|
|Life Processes||4%||Sound of Energy||4%|
|Light||5%||Structure of Atom||3%|
|Acid Bases and Salts||2%||The Universe||1%|
|Magnetic & Electricity at Work||5%||Water||4%|
|Measurement||3%||Work and Energy||6%|
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country AP Giannini Fellowship 2024 in USA
Scholarship: One thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education, as follows:
- There is a Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- In accordance with the UGC norms, the amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. is fixed.
NTSE 2024 Eligibility
There are certain criteria laid out by CBSE that one should keep in mind before applying for the exam. NTSE Eligibility Criteriafor each stage differs. The detailed criteria are provided below.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 1)
- Candidates must be an Indian national.
- Class X students can also apply for Stage 1.
- A minimum of 60% marks Class IX is required. SC, ST, and PH candidates will need 55% marks in Class IX.
- Candidate must be studying in a recognized school in their respective State or Union Territory.
- Those who are registered in the Open Distance Learning (ODL) program will also be considered eligible if they are below 18 years of age (as on July 1,)and are not employed when they appear for the Class X exam.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 2)
- Candidates will need 80% marks or above in the State level exam, to be considered eligible.
- Every student who secures the minimum required marks in Stage II will be eligible for the scholarship program.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country College Board Opportunity Scholarships, 2024
NTSE Reservation Criteria
- 15% for students belonging to SC category.
- 7.5% for students belonging to the ST category.
- 4% for a Physically Challenged group of students, with benchmark disabilities of which – 1% each will be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses –
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- 1% for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses in the posts identified for each disability.
NTSE 2024 Application Form; How to Apply, Documents Required
NTSE 2024 Registration will begin from the Second week of September 2024. Candidates can fill the NTSE application form offline after downloading it from the official website.
They can also access their NTSE application form from the office of the Liaison Officer. Separate application form for stage 1 and 2 need to be filled. NTSE stage 1, the exam will be held in November 2024, and stage 2, the exam will be conducted in June 2024.
The application fee may apply for Stage I as per state policies. It must be confirmed while collecting the form. There is no application fee for Stage II.
The fee has to be paid in the offline mode only, the details of which have been further mentioned in the article along with other important details related to registration.
Upon successful registration, candidates will be able to avail their admit card. Candidates must submit their NTSE Application Form after filling all the details and get it signed by the Principal.
They can post the NTSE application form to the Liaison officer. Minimum eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by candidates applying for NTSE. Applicants must not be more than 18 years as of July 2024.
Applicants must fill in all the information carefully and check it before submitting the NTSE application form. No corrections are allowed after submission.
Highlights of NTSE 2024 Application Form
Candidates can fill the NTSE Application Form offline after downloading it from the official website. Candidates can also access their Application form from the office of Liaison Officer.
After filling all details in NTSE Application Form candidates can submit the same via post to the address of State Liaison Officer.
Candidates can also submit the NTSE application form by visiting themselves at the address of liaison officer. Given below are the steps candidates can follow to fill the NTSE application form.
Step 1: Registration and Downloading NTSE 2024 Application Form
- Visit the official website of NTSE, www.ncert.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘Apply for NTSE 2024’
- Candidates have to fill the following credentials:
- Candidates Name
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Educational Qualification etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- Download the NTSE Application Form
- Candidates can also get their Application Form from the office of Liaison Officers
Step 2: Filling Details in NTSE Application form
Candidates have to fill the following details in the application form in their own handwriting:
- Basic details, Category, Address, and Educational details, etc.
- Candidates have to affix their photograph and signature in the provided space.
Candidates have to attest the NTSE 2024 Application Form from their Principal.
Application fee as specified by the state/UT needs to be remitted by the candidates.
Candidates can submit their Application Form in the Liaison Office via post or visiting the address of liaison officer.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country MOBC Scholarship | Application [SHARE THIS]
Documents to Be Attached with NTSE Application Form
Following is the list of documents that candidates must possess at the time of application form filling.
- Colored photograph not older than 6 months from the date of form filling.
- Dark background.
- No goggles only simple spectacles.
- No makeup in the photograph clicked for the form.
- Hair must be properly tied.
- The photograph must be clicked in the school uniform.
- Indian nationals do not have to produce any document with the application form.
- Students of Indian origin who are doing class 10 from abroad, have to prove their Indian citizenship, so they have to attach a copy of class 11 marks
NTSE 2024 Application Dates
NTSE 2024 Registration Dates are different for various states. Generally, NTSE 2024 Application Form is made available in the month of August every year.
Many states have already released the application form as shown in the above table. NTSE 2024 Stage-1 Exam is scheduled on November 2, 3, and 17, and Stage 2 will take place on May 10, 2024. Candidates can check the important dates for NTSE 2024:
Candidates must note that the dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change once the official notification for the exam will be released.
NTSE 2024 Result
- Those students who have successfully qualified the test are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students will be selected for the scholarship on the basis of the final merit list.
- Once stage 2 result will be announced, the final merit list will be prepared accordingly.
- The merit list will be published on the website. It will not be sent through the post.
- To check the examination result, students can visit the official website of NCERT i.e. www.ncert.nic.in.
- Students have to enter their Registration number and Date of Birth to check the result.
- The result will be available in PDF file format.
By following the below steps students can easily download their NTSE 2024 Result:
- Visit the official website of state government/ Union Territories.
- Click on the link ‘NTSE 2024 Result’
- After clicking on the link, students will be redirected to the next page.
- Enter the required details i.e. Roll number, date of birth
- Click on the submit button.
- NTSE Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the same for future reference.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
#Exams #Admit #Card #Eligibility #Date #Process