Being a rookie web developer is similar to being in a terrible relationship, but it’s also very different. It’s really hard as you go but can be rewarding at the tail end.
We know that web development is a fantastic career to pursue but as we learn more, it becomes increasingly difficult to see ourselves become web developers. But I can assure you, with some of these courses we are going to share here, you can be sure to get on top of your career
Are you currently considering becoming a web developer? Then below are online web development courses to consider finding a work opportunity within this career discipline.
See the table of contents here below for an overview of what to expect in this article.
What is Web Development?
Web development is a wide term that encompasses all of the processes and technology involved in the creation of a website. It might be as easy as creating a text-based static website or as complex as creating an interactive dynamic website.
Web development does not always include the design phase; instead, it focuses on the coding. A web designer creates wireframes to represent their website concept, which they subsequently share with a developer. The developer is in charge of writing the code that will put the design into action.
People also read: Best Natural Language Processing Courses Online | Free & Paid
How Much Does an Online Web Development Course Cost?
The price of an online web development course varies from platform to platform. We have quite a number of online platforms where you can learn public speaking…Udemy, Coursera, FutureLearn, edX, etc.
These platforms offer these courses at different costs.
The course outline can also have an impact. Simple beginner courses in web development would be less expensive than advanced courses While you may also get some totally free.
Can I Take Online Web Development Courses for Free?
Yes. There are free online web development courses you can take. These courses provide you with the basic knowledge you need to become a web developer.
Where can I find the Online Web Development Courses?
You can take these free courses and the paid versions on various learning platforms like Udemy, Pluralsight, Coursera, FutureLearn, edX, etc
Online Web Development Courses
Here below is a list of web development courses you can start taking immediately.
1. The Complete 2024 Web Development Course – Build 15 Projects
This is one of the online web development courses you can start now.
So, if you are looking for a truly 100% Comprehensive Web Development Course, that will take you from learning the basics to mastering the most advanced web development techniques, then be certain that you have come to the right place.
Taking this course will help you achieve your dream of becoming a professional web developer, and you will be ready to build powerful and responsive websites to a highly professional degree using today’s most advanced and up to date web technologies within a few weeks from now.
At the end of this course, you’ll learn to;
- Go from Zero skills to building Powerful Web Applications on a highly professional level using the latest 2021 Web Technologies.
- Use a Portfolio of over 15 highly professional websites, Games and Mobile apps you would have developed during the course to take your career to the next level.
- Create real life mobile apps and upload them to the IOS App Store and Google Play.
- Use HTML5, CSS3, Flexbox, Grid & SASS to build website content and add stunning styling and decoration.
- Use Twitter Bootstrap to produce Responsive Websites that will adapt to any device size.
- Use Back End Technologies like NodeJS, PHP, AJAX, JSON to build dynamic database-driven websites.
Read also: 10 Best Marketing Bootcamps in 2024
2. The Complete 2024 Web Development Bootcamp
This course is the Complete Web Development Bootcamp, the only course you need to learn to code and become a full-stack web developer. The course will take you from beginner to intermediate level for real.
At the end of this course, you’ll;
- Be able to build ANY website you want.
- Craft a portfolio of websites to apply for junior developer jobs.
- Build fully-fledged websites and web apps for your startup or business.
- Work as a freelance web developer.
- Master backend development with Node
- Master frontend development with React
- Learn professional developer best practices.
3. The Web Developer Bootcamp 2024
This course is the brand new version of The Web Developer Bootcamp which is Udemy’s most popular web development course. The course was completely overhauled to prepare students for the 2024 job market, with over 60 hours of brand new content.
Interestingly, this might be the only course you need to learn web development because of how comprehensive and effective it is.
Many online courses are just a long series of “watch as I code” videos. This course is different. You’ll surely find it more effective but more engaging.
At the end of the course, you’ll learn to;
- Make REAL web applications using cutting-edge technologies
- Create responsive, accessible, and beautiful layouts
- Recognize and prevent common security exploits like SQL-Injection & XSS
- Continue to learn and grow as a developer, long after the course ends
- Create a blog application from scratch using Node, Express, and MongoDB.
- Create a complicated yelp-like application from scratch
- Deploy your applications and work with cloud databases
- Create static HTML and CSS portfolio sites and landing pages
- Think like a developer. Become an expert at Googling code questions!
You should also read: Tucson Digital Marketing Bootcamps 2024 | Reviews, Admission
4. The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
The complete web developer course 2.0 is one of the online web development courses you should take now if you want to pursue a career in web development. Here’s what you get with The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0;
You’ll get access to twelve chapters that dig deep into the nitty gritty of building successful websites.
Each chapter is supported with over 40 hours of clear, intelligent video tutorials and practical website challenges.
The course covers insider tips to work quickly and efficiently with web technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and Python.
You’ll also learn how to build your own responsive websites using more advanced techniques such as jQuery PHP 7, MySQL 5 and Twitter Bootstrap.
It is expected that at the end of the course you’d be developing blogs and eCommerce sites with WordPress. Also, by the time you are done with this course, you’d learn smart ways to add dynamic content, using APls to connect to sites such as Google Maps and Facebook.
Read also: Are Coding Bootcamps Worth It In 2024? Amazing Facts
In this course, you’ll learn to build a Quiz application without the assistance of libraries or frameworks. Here are some of the topic that will be covered in this course- You’ll be able to;
- Save high scores in Local Storage
- Create a progress bar
- Create a spinning loader icon
- Fetch trivia questions from Open Trivia DB API
At the end of the course, learners are expected to learn;
- how to use the Fetch API to load trivia questions from an API
- how to store high scores in Local Storage
- how to use Flexbox, Animations, and REM units in CSS
- how to create a progress bar from scratch
- how to create a spinning loader icon from scratch
This is one of the free online web development courses you can start taking immediately. It is completely free. The course covers everything you need to have a swell time in your career as a web developer.
7. Intro to Node JS & Express
This is a free online web development course designed to help you start your journey. By the end of this series, you will understand the basics of a Node/Express project and be able to deploy a full-functional web app. This is a great starting point for anyone looking to learn more about full stack development.
So it is expected that at the of this course, you’ll be able to create a simple web app using Node JS, Express, Bootstrap and jQuery then deploy to a staging environment.
See also: The Platform Nigeria Young Professionals Bootcamp (YPB) 2024
8. Getting Started as a Web Developer
In this course, you’ll find all the how tos to get you started as a developer. The trainer has designed the course to help set up with your environment.
In this course, the Sublime Text 3 will be used as the text toolas an editing tool, and you’ll also take a look at command line, which is a tool used a lot by developers.
Finally, you’ll be taken to take a look at Git which is version control for all projects – essentially a way to make sure changes are being logged and there is good backup systems for the tasks you’ll be taking.
9. Building a Niche Website For Beginners
This course is for those that want to create their own website in a specific subject or topic that they are passionate about. Otherwise known as an “Authority Website”, this course is a great option for beginners because authority websites have a low startup cost and if done correctly, can continually generate income on a monthly basis.
This is a mini course which covers the absolute basics.
This course covers:
- Common website misconceptions
- Choosing a authority website topic
- Making money with your website
- Proof Video (Showing it’s possible to be successful)
Check out: Fresno Digital Marketing Bootcamps in 2024 | Apply
10. The Complete Web Developer in 2024: Zero to Mastery
Some of what you’ll learn include:
- Responsive Design
- CSS Grid
- Bootstrap 5 etc…
We hope you get on these courses as soon as you can. Some of them are free while some others have been drastically subsidized and the subsidy will be lifted soon.
Aside from Udemy, you can also find courses on some other platforms Udacity, FutureLearn, LinkenIn Learning and other ones.
If you have any questions, you can send it in through the comment section.
#Online #Web #Development #Courses