Are you seeking for the Picture Book Contest? The Ministry of Education and Citizenship of the Municipal Council of Santiago de Compostela in collaboration with the Kalandraka – publishers and in the context of the campaign for the 19th reading announces the call for projects at the twelfth international COMPOSTELA Prize for Picture book contest.
The Twelfth International Compostela Prize for Picture Books is open to all publications in the category of Picture Books: a book in which the story is told in the form of pictures or pictures and texts that complement each other.
The purpose of the rules of this call is to promote the literary and artistic production of books for children and young adults.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
However, the Picture Book Contest is meant for participants who wish to display and improve their publication in the area of Story-telling, drawing, and design, and Writing. The story should be in one of those languages: Galician, Catalan, Basque, Castilian Spanish, and Portuguese.
If you wish to explore more information on International Contest, click on the link.
The Picture Book Contest is hosted in Spain.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in Spain, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
All applicants for Picture Book Contest must be international citizens of any country in the world.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Scholarship Benefits of the Picture Book Contest
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €9,000. The prize money will not be paid until the author or authors deliver the completed work ready for publication.
The prize-winning work will be published in all of the official languages of the peninsula (Galician, Catalan, Basque, Castilian Spanish, and Portuguese) by the publisher Kalandraka in November each year.
The Picture Book Contest in Spain offers is not specified.
Eligibility for the Picture Book Contest
- One or more persons, who are authors of the text and illustrations, of any nationality may take part.
- Authors competing for the prize must present:
- Five copies of the text.
- Three original illustrations and five color photocopies of each. If digital techniques are used, the authors may send high-resolution prints of the work.
- A finished layout of the whole Project: a printed copy with the design, text, and illustrations, as close as possible to finished book.
- Personal details of the participants will be delivered in a sealed envelope: on the outside, the title of the work and the pen name or pseudonym, and inside the full name or names, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail, together with a complete photocopy of the author(s) ID card or passport and a brief biography.
- Send your book to the General Registry of the Town Council of Santiago de Compostela (c/ Presidente Salvador Allende nº. 4, 15705, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain), indicating on the envelope “XII Premio Internacional COMPOSTELA de Álbum Ilustrado”.
- The name(s) of the author(s) must not appear on parcels delivered by courier agencies.
- If your book was chosen, you will have to deliver the completed book before the 3rd of September each year.
- The illustrator undertakes to complete the remaining illustrations using the same technique and with the same quality as those presented to the contest.
The deadline for applications is April 30th, every year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Honestly, the Picture Book Contest is worth €9,000.
For you to win an award in creative writing, kindly follow the steps below:
Exploit your niche
Choose an emotional topic.
Follow the submission guidelines.
Enter a wide range of writing contests.
Enter writing that is appropriate for the contest.
Surprise your readers.
1. Nobel Prize For Literature.
2. Man Booker Prize.
3. The Pulitzer Prize.
4. Neustadt International Prize For Literature.
5. Costa Book Awards.
6. America Award.
7. The Women’s Prize for Fiction.
8. Hugo Award.
Anyone in any part of the world is eligible for the Picture Book Contest.
The Twelfth International Compostela Prize for Picture Books is open to all publications in the category of Picture Books: a book in which the story is told in the form of pictures or pictures and texts that complement each other. You’re, however urged to join the noteworthy clash of picture books.
#Picture #Book #Contest #Apply