Are you a highly structured learning environment to equip and help prepare your ward for college? Scotland County School (SCS) is the answer.
If you’re seeking admission into any SCS, you need to learn about the tuition, mode of application, and other important information about the school. This will help you gain confidence and thus make your admission process smooth and fast.
About Scotland County Schools
Scotland County Schools is a public school district located in Laurinburg, NC. The school has 5,733 students in grades PK, and K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1.
Why You Should Attend Scotland county schools
Scotland County provides quality education programs taught by professionals in a dynamic approach. Scotland County is committed to pursuing excellence in creative expression that addresses important societal problems and questions.
The school offers experiences that inspire students to love learning. Students can access opportunities and resources that help them develop independence and self-direction and extend their learning beyond the classroom walls as they grow intellectually, emotionally, physically, aesthetically, and morally.
The school has experienced staff and the latest technologies for students to gain knowledge and experience, preparing them for college. Attending SCS will give you a superior education at a reasonable cost.
A Scotland County learner is:
- A person of character: One who lives the ideals articulated in our character pledge and is prepared to think and act with empathy as a responsible global citizen in an increasingly diverse landscape.
- An effective communicator: Listens attentively, speaks articulately, writes clearly, and conveys her ideas and understandings in a variety of formats using the language of her discipline.
- Creative: One who constructs imaginative ideas and innovative alternatives and applies his knowledge to non-routine problems, particularly those without rule-based solutions.
- Thinks critically and reflectively: As a researcher to navigate abundant information, analyze and synthesize findings, and draw evidence-based conclusions, and as a problem solver who is more interested in asking good questions and developing ideas than memorizing facts.
- Works collaboratively: Creating a new knowledge base comprising multiple perspectives and building leadership skills by facilitating group discussions, forging consensus, and negotiating outcomes within a diverse group.
Are Scotland County schools Accredited?
Accreditation is an important factor to consider before applying to any school. It helps determine if an institution meets or exceeds minimum quality standards.
Scotland county school is fully accredited and listed among the top-ranked public elementary schools.
RELATED POST: How Can I Become a Dermatologist? Salary, Cost, and Programs
Scotland county schools Admission Application
To be considered for admission into Scotland County, you must distinguish yourself meaningfully and show considerable academic performance.
The school welcomes and encourages applications at all grade levels. Applications for different grades will have slightly different processes.
How is Scotland county schools Program?
Scotland County features a wide range of program curricula geared towards teaching students how to be critical thinkers, creative agents, effective communicators, and purposeful collaborators.
The teachers strive to nurture and model a growth mindset and help students to embrace multiple perspectives, develop empathy, and value others’ stories. Students learn in a differentiated and challenging learning environment.
School subjects include:
- Reading and Writing
- Social Studies
- Physical Education and Health
- Digital Citizenship
How much is Scotland County School Tuition?
The cost of enrolling at Scotland County varies according to grades. Tuition for a child in Kindergarten may differ from that of a child in grade 5.
READ ALSO: 10 Best Schools for Food Science in the World
Scotland County School Athletics
Scotland County athletics program is an essential facet of the school philosophy, which seeks to develop the whole child, including the physical. From movement education in the early childhood program through competitive varsity sports, students gain broad exposure to the importance of physical activity.
The Fighting Scots compete in the NCHSAA 4A division. Recent state championships include the 2006 4A North Carolina State Baseball Championship in Raleigh, NC, and the 2011 4A North Carolina State Football Championship in Winston-Salem, NC. Scotland High School is also known for its kilted marching band.
Scotland county school Rankings
Actually, when it comes to school ranking, there are many things to consider, especially before it is made official. According to the news, schools are ranked on their performance on state-required tests, graduation, and how well they prepare students for college.
According to niche.com, Scotland county schools ranks:
- 10 of 116 Most Diverse School Districts in North Carolina
- 28 of 115 Best Places to Teach in North Carolina
- 48 of 115 Districts with the Best Teachers in North Carolina
Also check this: 10 Free Online Beauty Courses with Certificates 2024
Who Are the Notable Alumni of Scotland county schools?
Below is a list of Notable Alumni of SCS. Source: Wikipedia.org
- Russ Adams, former MLB player for the Toronto Blue Jays
- Megan Brigman, former professional soccer player
- Rush Brown, former NFL defensive lineman
- Brent Butler, former MLB utility infielder
- Bucky Covington, country music singer and former American Idol contestant
- Lorinza Harrington, a former professional basketball player in the NBA
- Terrell Manning, former NFL linebacker
- Tony McRae, NFL cornerback
- Jim Riggs, former NFL tight end
- Travian Robertson, former NFL defensive end
- As a former NFL linebacker, Tony Settles was featured in “The Year of the Scab” documentary by ESPN.
- Hilee Taylor, former NFL defensive end, played 3 seasons for the Carolina Panthers
- Jacoby Watkins, college football coach and former NFL player
- Zamir White, running back for the Georgia Bulldogs
Being a student at Scotland County schools means you have an incredible breadth to learn and become a change-maker. The school is fundamental to students’ development and improvement, preparing them for a bigger responsibility. If you are certain Scotland County School is right for you, log on to the school’s official website, www.scotland.k12.nc.us and apply.
#Scotland #County #Schools #Admission #Programs #Tuition #Ranking