As a potential leader, being a part of the USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program this year can help you make a lasting impact in your community.
The Program Application is currently ongoing. It runs from 31st August and will end on 25th September 2024. Therefore, to have a chance to participate, you must submit your application on or before the due date.
The program seeks to motivate young changemakers who have influenced other youths in their communities at different levels. To take hold of this opportunity, you must first know whether you are eligible to apply and, if yes, what it takes.
So, carefully read this article to learn all about this leadership program. Taking a glance at the table of contents below will give you an overview of all we have wrapped in this article.
Specific Details About The YouthLead Ambassador program
In this section, you’ll find the necessary information you’d really require to apply for the YouthLead Ambassador program successfully.
Check Out: African Leadership Institute (ALI): Online Courses, Certification, Fees
About the YouthLead Ambassador program
This program is a professional development and leadership opportunity for influential youths. Young changemakers who can influence others to make a positive contribution to their community.
It’s a six-month program that only youth between 18-35 years old by April 2020.
The major role of the Ambassadors is to bring the benefits of YouthLead to different levels of changemakers. They help to raise visibility and awareness about the YouthLead platform as a resource and networking hub for changemakers.
As part of the program, the Young changemakers develop and run a campaign on important issues affecting youth; embrace learning and useful knowledge, job skills, community engagement, and communication online with peers; and contribute your ideas on how to make the platform relevant to changes in our network with the YouthLead team.
Ambassadors of the country are selected from thousands of athletes to participate in a fast-paced event that takes place twice a year. The second group of youth was selected by YouthLead Ambassadors out of 2,000 applicants from 200 countries and regions.
Level/Field of Study
This leadership program is for potential young leaders who want to make an exceptional impact on their community.
Youthlead organizes this USAID Ambassador program.
YouthLead Ambassadors Program Benefit
A nominal stipend of USD 300 is awarded to the Ambassadors. This will be at the successful completion of the ambassadorship.
Note the stipend will be transferred by a bank wire transfer, e-gift card, or other modality, based on feasibility.
Moreso, Ambassadors’ works will be recognized on the YouthLead platform, newsletter, and social media. Some may even get visibility with YouthLead sponsors and other relevant influencers.
See Also: Fully Funded YALI Regional Leadership Center Fellowship Program for East Africans
Eligibility Criteria for USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program Application
Here are some of the criteria you must meet up before you can qualify:
- You must be a young changemaker resident in a low-or middle-income (LMIC) country.
- You must be between the ages of 18-35 before April 2024.
- Be able to be available at least 4-6 hours per month.
- Have an active presence on any of the following social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Have a plan on how to engage new online and offline changemakers through the YouthLead network and platform.
- Ability to use the internet to participate in conference calls and lead webinars on the YouthLead platform.
- Demonstrate how you plan to leverage your network(s) to highlight and showcase YouthLead as a place for changemakers.
- Be involved fully in the youth-development sector at different levels.
- Also, you must have experience working on social issues.
- You must have a YouthLead profile that describes your interests, work, and background.
The required skills include:
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in speaking the English Language. Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Spanish, French, Arabic) is advantageous.
- Possess strong collaboration skills
Applicants may include an optional CV with their application (no more than 500 words maximum.)
How to Apply for USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program
Applicants are encouraged to post their projects in the “PROJECTS” section of the YouthLead site.
Click the button below to watch a video on registering on the youthlead.org platform.
How Applicants are Evaluated
Young changemakers who applied are examined and selected based on the following criteria:
- Young changemaker past and current experience
- Their level of network strength.
- The positive impact the young changemaker will make in YouthLead and its network.
- Completed at least 80 per cent of your profile on the YouthLead Website.
Furthermore, the process will consider factors such as diversity in gender, sector, and geographic location to select a set of individuals that closely reflect the global community.
See Also: Fully Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa
USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program Application Important Timeline
Submission of the application runs from August 31, 2024 – September 25, 2024 (5 p.m. EST).
The length of the program is 6 months. It will start 20th of November 2024 and to the 20th of April 2024. You are likely to spend 4-6 hours per month.
To learn more about the program, click the button below.
How long will the program last?
It will last for 6 months.
When is the deadline for USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program?
The deadline is September 25, 2024.
Starting date of USAID YouthLead Ambassadors Program
The starting date is the 20th of November, 2024.
#USAID #YouthLead #Ambassadors #Program